Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Total time 5 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Add the bananas, milk, yogurt, vanilla, and honey into a blender.
- Blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want your smoothie extra chilled, then I recommend adding some ice cubes. You should find about four ice cubes, or roughly half a cup will be enough.
- You can also freeze bananas for smoothies if you find yourself with way too many of them. The process is super simple and is excellent for preserving bananas for a later date. They also help when it comes to making super thick banana smoothies.
- If you want your smoothie to be not as sweet, then you can remove the honey from the recipe. The sugars in the bananas should be more than enough to give you a tasty smoothie.
- You can keep this smoothie in the fridge for about a day before it starts to go a bit funny. The banana will likely begin to go brown and won’t be very appealing to drink. It’s best to whip up smoothies fresh as this is when they taste and look the best.
- Ripe bananas are best as they blitz to be nice and smooth. If they're too hard, then it may end up a bit chunky.
- You can replace the yogurt with whatever flavor or type you prefer, such as Greek yogurt. For example, if you like low-fat yogurt, then use that instead. Another good combination is mixing it with some banana yogurt. This way, you get a double hit of banana.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!