If you love bananas, then this banana yogurt smoothie is just for you! You only need a few ingredients, and this is super easy just quickly to whip up in a blender.
This smoothie is a perfect base for anyone who loves a protein shake in the morning. Just add the required amount of protein powder to this smoothie, and it should work out pretty well. You may need to alter the amount of milk if it is too thick or too runny.
You can also add something like flaxseeds or chia seeds to add a bit more flavor and nutritional value to the smoothie. If you wanted to add one of these I would recommend adding about two teaspoons of whichever you decide to add.
There are a ton of health benefits of eating bananas making it a great fruit to include in your diet. They contain a ton of nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C, magnesium and much more.
If you want to see how this recipe is done, then be sure to check the video below. It is super short and straight to the point.
Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Add the bananas, milk, yogurt, and honey into a blender.
- Blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want your smoothie extra chilled, then I recommend adding some ice cubes. You will find about four or roughly half a cup should be enough.
- You can also freeze bananas for smoothies if you find yourself with way too many of them. The process is super simple and is excellent for preserving bananas at a later date. They also help when it comes to making super thick banana smoothies.
- If you want your smoothie not as sweet, then you can remove the honey from the recipe. The sugars in the bananas should be more than enough to give you a tasty tasting smoothie.
- You can keep this smoothie in the fridge for about a day before it starts to go a bit funny. The banana will likely to start browning and won’t be very appealing to drink. It’s best to whip up smoothies fresh as this is when they taste and look the best.
- You can replace the yogurt with whatever flavor or type you prefer. For example, if you like low-fat yogurt then use this instead. Another good combination is mixing it with some banana yogurt, this way you get a double hit of banana.
You can find all the nutrition information for this particular smoothie right below. This information is an estimate so it may vary depending on the quality and quantity of the ingredients you use. However, it is likely to be roughly the same, so it’s a great bit of information for anyone who likes to know the negative & positive aspects of what you’re drinking.
You will find that this smoothie is low in both cholesterol and sodium but high in calcium and vitamin B6. It is, unfortunately, a bit high in sugar but this can be reduced by removing the honey.
Bananas are a fantastic base ingredient when it comes to making smoothies. There are just so many fruits that just really go well with it. Just a couple of my personal favorites include banana raspberry, blueberry banana and finally strawberry banana.
I hope that you like this super easy banana yogurt smoothie recipe! If you come across any variations that you would love to share or have some feedback on the recipe, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.