This delicious raspberry banana smoothie is the perfect drink to start your day off with. It combines two delicious fruits, yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla in a thick, delicious drink.
You can add extras to this recipe such as protein powder, chia seeds and much more. I would add roughly about 1 Tbsp. to the standard recipe. It might alter it slightly but should still taste just as great as the original recipe.
You will get enough drink for about 2 people out of this recipe unless you have small glasses then you might get enough for 3 people. If you need to make enough for more than 2 people then just simply double the ingredients. Of course if you just need enough for 1 person then simply just half the smoothie recipe.
Another great thing I love to do is replace the milk with the smoothie mix in my breakfast. This way you get your cereal with a thick creamy fruit mix. I personally love doing this whenever I get sick of just having plain milk.
Depending on what’s available you can use either fresh or frozen fruit. If you live in a country or area where fresh fruit is hard to come by then frozen is certainly the way to go. Your smoothie will come out to be just as good then if you were to use fresh.
If you want to see how to do make this smoothie, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, you can find the full recipe right underneath the video.
Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Add the raspberries, bananas, yogurt, milk, vanilla essence and honey into a blender.
- Blitz until well combined and thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Using frozen bananas will help make the smoothie a little thicker. If you just have fresh bananas but want a thicker smoothie than ½ cup of ice should do the same thing.
- The honey can be left out if you prefer things to be not as sweet. The sugars from the raspberries and bananas should be more than enough to keep this smoothie just sweet enough.
- It’s best that you consume this straight away as it will not keep for very long in the fridge. I found that within a day of making it the banana had started to brown, and it didn’t look that appetizing.
The nutritional information for this delicious banana and raspberry smoothie can be found below. This information is only estimated but will hopefully give you a good insight of what you can expect from drinking one or many serves.
Some of the good points about this smoothie are that it is low in cholesterol and sodium. It is also high in manganese, vitamin B6 & C. The only downside to this smoothie is that it is a bit high in sugar, you can reduce this by leaving out the honey.
There are a ton of variations you can do with either raspberries or bananas in a smoothie. Just a couple of my favorites include raspberry yogurt, chocolate raspberry or even a banana strawberry smoothie.
I hope this raspberry banana smoothie recipe works out for you and tastes as good as it did for me. If you have a variation that you would love to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Also any other feedback is always greatly appreciated.