The chocolate raspberry smoothie is an exciting blend of chocolate and fruit, and it’s certainly a must try for any chocolate lover.
This smoothie is incredibly easy to blend up quickly. and you only need a few ingredients. You will find one batch of this recipe should make enough for two people depending on how big your drinking glasses are.
Much like most smoothie recipes you can use either fresh or frozen fruit. I have some more information down in the smoothie tips if you’re wondering if there are any benefits or cons to using one over the other.
If you want to make this vegan, then you can replace the milk with almond milk and leave the yogurt out completely. However, leaving the yogurt out will mean the smoothie may a be a bit runnier than usual.
As I say with all the smoothie recipes, don’t be afraid to add some extras such as wheat germs, protein powder, LSA and much more. I always find adding about 1 to two tablespoons is more than enough for the standard recipe.
If you want to see how to make this delicious recipe, then be sure to check out the video below.
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Add the raspberries, banana, cocoa powder, milk, plain yogurt and honey into a blender.
- Blend until well combined, smooth and thick.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Honey is pretty vital in this recipe as you will find the cocoa powder is quite bitter. Without the sweetener, you will end up with a very strange tasting smoothie. If you don’t like honey than you can use any other alternative sweeteners that you may prefer such as white sugar, maple syrup and much more.
- As I mentioned above and on other recipes, you can use either fresh or frozen fruit in this smoothie. You will find adding frozen fruit will leave you with a much colder & thicker smoothie. Freezing bananas is a great way to save your fruit before it goes bad.
- You can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch-processed cocoa powder for this smoothie. Both have their pros and cons but will equally work just as well. Dutch will leave you with a much darker looking smoothie.
- This smoothie will only keep for a few days in the fridge so with that said I would try just to make it fresh.
- You could try replacing the cocoa powder with a chocolate topping. I haven’t tried this but will probably work just as well. One thing to keep in mind is that it may make your smoothie super sweet.
If you’re looking for some information on the nutritional values for this delicious smoothie, then you can find them below. Keep in mind this is estimated and may vary slightly, but hopefully, it gives you a good idea of what to expect from drinking a chocolate & raspberry smoothie.
You will find that this smoothie has several good points for nutrition. For example, it’s high in calcium, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B6 and C. One downside is that it’s slightly high in sugar.
There are a vast amount smoothies that you’re able to try out that use raspberries or chocolate as the main ingredient. One you should undoubtedly check out is the banana and raspberry smoothie recipe. This smoothie is similar to the one mentioned on this page, but without the chocolate, instead, you’re left with a delicious combination of raspberry & banana.
If you have any feedback, tips, variations or anything else related to this delicious chocolate raspberry smoothie, then be sure to leave a comment below.