A banana berry smoothie is an excellent combination of ingredients that will provide you with a drink that is not only healthy but is also extremely tasty.
The mix of berries that I recommend using is blueberries, raspberries and of course blackberries. You can alter this to whatever combination of berries that you would prefer. This range of berries is just my favorite mix and the mix that you will typically get if you buy frozen mixed berries.
This recipe makes enough for two people so if you want more or less then don’t forget to alter the ingredient amounts. As I mention in the smoothie tips below this won’t keep for very long in the fridge so keep that in mind when you go to make it.
If you’re worried about the amount of the fat in the milk and yogurt, then you can substitute these with low-fat variations. Keep in mind some the low-fat variations have vast amounts of sugar in them.
If you want to see a cool video for making this fantastic banana berry smoothie, then be sure to check it out below. It’s nice, short and straight to the point but a great way to see exactly what you’re making.
Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup mixed berries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Place the banana, berries, yogurt, vanilla & honey into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Smoothies are best to consume within a very short period after being made. You can keep it in the fridge, but you may find it will split or just not be as lovely as when it’s just freshly blended.
- If you’re able to fresh berries cheap, then you should give these go. You will be surprised at how good the smoothie will taste otherwise frozen works just fine too.
- If you’re not a fan of sweet things, then make sure you don’t include the honey. The smoothie should still taste fine without it!
- Assuming you want your protein hit, then you can just add your protein powder to this recipe. Depending on the powder you’re using you may want to leave the honey out as some protein powders are already quite sweet.
You can find the nutritional information for this tasty smoothie below. It is only an estimate but should give you an excellent idea of what to expect regarding nutrition.
There are several good qualities about this smoothie such as it has a high amount of both calcium and vitamin B6. It’s also low in both cholesterol and sodium. The one downside to this smoothie is that it does a have a slightly higher amount of sugar in it.
Don’t be afraid to alter the recipe slightly to better suit your tastes. For example, you may want some chia seeds or wheat germ to add that extra bit of depth to your smoothie.
If you enjoy this recipe, then you should check out some of the other healthy banana smoothie recipes we have. One of my personal favorites is the banana and strawberry smoothie, but they’re all pretty good, to be honest.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet amazing banana berry smoothie recipe. If you have a variation that you absolutely love and don’t mind sharing it, then please drop a comment below.