This strawberry banana smoothie is an amazing blend of fruit that results in a tasty yet healthy drink.
This refreshing smoothie is an absolute must-try. The combination of fruits not only gives you a smoothie that tastes great but also looks amazing. I find it is excellent for either breakfast or just as a snack.
As with every smoothie, you can add your extras to it if you feel like experimenting a little. A lot of people love to add ingredients such as protein powder or chia seeds. It’s entirely up to you, if you do add something like chia seeds in, then I would add one tablespoon to the standard recipe.
Another thing that I love to do with my smoothies is to add some whole fruit and some cereal. Using the smoothie as an alternative to milk, it certainly does make breakfast even more amazing.
The amount of variations is just insane for what you can do with strawberries. Just a couple of examples of some of my favorites is a strawberry & blueberry smoothie or even just an everyday strawberry yogurt smoothie.
The choice to use frozen fruit is entirely up to you. I find frozen fruit is usually more readily available and doesn’t need to be used straight away. However, I find fresh fruit will also work best.
Getting the quantities roughly right is all you need to do to know how to make a strawberry banana smoothie. You can always tinker with the ingredients to get the best tasting smoothie for you. There isn’t really any right and wrong, just be creative.
Like almost every smoothie you will need to drink this as soon as possible as it won’t keep for very long in the fridge. If you have too much, you can always freeze it in ice cube trays and blitz it later.
If you like to see how to make things, then be sure to check out the video below. I go through all the steps to making this delicious smoothie recipe. It’s super short, so it won’t take up much of your time.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by whitelisting us in your adblocker.
- ~1 cup strawberries
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Add the strawberries, bananas, plain yogurt, milk, and vanilla bean into a blender.
- Blitz until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use the low-fat varieties of yogurt and milk. You should still get a similar or the same result. Keep in mind some low-fat products have an increased amount of sugar in them so be sure to keep that in mind.
- If you like your smoothies ice-cold, then just add a few ice cubes to this recipe. A rough cup should be more than enough.
- Using frozen bananas will help for a thicker smoothie if that’s what you’re after. Freezing bananas is also a great way to keep them from going bad so you can use them when bananas aren’t as readily available.
- You're able to tinker with the honey to sweeten the smoothie even more. I found a tablespoon to be more than enough.
- Greek yogurt is a decent alternative to using just plain yogurt.
- Banana milk can be used in exchange for just regular milk. However, you will unlikely need any sweetener as banana milk is usually loaded with it.
You can find some super handy nutritional information below. This information is an estimate and is unlikely to be 100% right, so be sure to keep this in mind.
It’s also important to know that the nutritional values of this strawberry and banana smoothie recipe may change depending on the quality and quantity of the ingredients used.
A couple of positive points about this smoothie is that it is very high in both vitamin B6 and C. Unfortunately it is a bit high on the sugar side so keep this in mind if you have diabetes or someone who needs to keep an eye on their sugar intake.
As I mentioned above the number of smoothies that you can make with strawberries is just crazy. If you’re a fan of this delicious fruit, then be sure to check out the raspberry strawberry smoothie.
There are a ton of other fruity drinks that you can easily make using a blender. One I highly recommend that you try is the banana berry smoothie, it’s so delicious.
If you love or dislike this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, then be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below.
Also, be sure to let me know any variations or anything else you have for this recipe.