This strawberry banana smoothie is an amazing blend of fruit that results in a tasty yet healthy drink. This smoothie is great for either breakfast or just as a snack.
As with every smoothie, you can add your extras to it if you feel like experimenting a little. A lot of people love to add ingredients such as protein powder or chia seeds. It’s entirely up to you! If you do add something like chia seeds in, then I would add one tablespoon to the standard recipe.
Another thing that I love to do with my smoothies is to add some whole fruit and some cereal. Using the smoothie as an alternative to milk, it certainly does make breakfast even more amazing.
The amount of variations is just insane for what you can do with strawberries. Just a couple of examples of some of my favorites is a strawberry & blueberry smoothie or even just a plain strawberry yogurt smoothie.
If you like seeing things done visually then be sure to check out the video below. I go through all the steps to making this recipe. It’s super short, so it won’t take up much of your time.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 10 (1 cup) strawberries
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Add the strawberries, bananas, plain yogurt, milk, and vanilla bean into a blender.
- Blitz until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use the low-fat varieties of yogurt and milk. You should still get a similar or the same result. Keep in mind some low-fat products have an increased amount of sugar in them so be sure to keep that in mind.
- If you like your smoothies ice-cold, then just add a few ice cubes to this recipe. A rough cup should be more than enough.
- Using frozen bananas will help for a thicker smoothie if that’s what you’re after. Freezing bananas is also a great way to keep them from going bad so you can use them when bananas aren’t as readily available.
You can find some super handy nutritional information below. This information is an estimate and is unlikely to be 100% right so be sure to keep this in mind.
It’s also important to know that the nutritional values of this strawberry & banana smoothie recipe may change depending on the quality and quantity of the ingredients used.
A couple of positive points about this smoothie is that it is very high in both vitamin B6 and C. Unfortunately it is a bit high on the sugar side so keep this in mind if you have diabetes or someone who needs to keep an eye on their sugar intake.
As I mentioned above the number of smoothies you can make with strawberries is just crazy. If you’re a fan of this delicious fruit, then be sure to check out all our amazing strawberry smoothie recipes.
If you love or dislike this strawberry banana smoothie, then be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below. Also be sure to let me know any variations or anything else you have for this recipe. Also be sure to share this recipe with your friend if you love it.