Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Potato Salad with Caramelized Onion Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 40 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 200g (7 oz) bacon, cubed
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 750g (1.6 lb) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- First, place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, and allow to cool.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until the bacon is starting to brown.
- Next, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and mix. Cook for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Once the potatoes, bacon, and onion are cool, add to a large bowl.
- Gently mix in the dressing.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Use a skewer or knife to check whether the potatoes are cooked. The knife should cut through the potato like butter.
- The dressing can be replaced with your favorite store-bought potato salad dressing.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double check the ingredients of your Worcestershire sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!