Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 50g (9 oz) cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 100g (4 oz) red or green bell pepper
- 50g (2 oz) tomatoes, sliced
- 50g (2 oz) lettuce, shredded
- 100g (4 oz) cheese
- 8 tortillas
- Heat the sandwich press until it is hot and ready.
- Place one tortilla wrap on the press.
- Top the wrap with your filling mix scattering it evenly.
- Place the second wrap on top of the filling and close the press.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until well toasted.
- Remove from the sandwich press and cut into quarters.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It is important not to overstuff your tortilla as you will find that it will either pour out the sides or you will go to pick it up and it will be incredibly hard to handle.
- You should avoid using too much oil as the tortilla will absorb the oil and make it soggy.
- You can also use a pan to cook your chicken quesadilla, but it is a little trickier as you will need to flip it to cook the other side of it.
- You don’t have to use two tortillas, just use one and fold it in half. Only put the filling on one half of the tortilla otherwise you will end up with a mess.
- It is easy to overcook your tortilla so use a medium heat and cook until the tortillas are nice golden crispy.
- These are not very easy to cook for a crowd but if you’re going to give it a go you will need multiple pans or sandwich presses. They don’t keep very well so you should serve straight away.
- There are many different variations on the chicken quesadilla only being just of many you can make beef, salmon and many more.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!