Chicken Quesadillas are a fantastic quick meal that is great for both lunch and dinner. They can easily cook in a cheap sandwich press that you’re able to pick up at your local store or online.
This chicken Quesadilla recipe is straightforward to follow and also very quick. You can have a meal ready in ten to fifteen minutes, and they taste amazing. It is indeed a tasty quick and easy chicken recipe that is well worth trying out.
The most important thing with this recipe is to have all your ingredients ready to use when you go to cook your quesadilla. It’s almost essential not to overload it with fillings as this will cause it to go soggy and won’t be very enjoyable to eat.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to this amazing Chicken Quesadilla Recipe up? Check out the video I have prepared below.
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 50g (9 oz) cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 100g (4 oz) red or green bell pepper
- 50g (2 oz) tomatoes, sliced
- 50g (2 oz) lettuce, shredded
- 100g (4 oz) cheese
- 8 tortillas
- Heat the sandwich press until it is hot and ready.
- Place one tortilla wrap on the press.
- Top the wrap with your filling mix scattering it evenly.
- Place the second wrap on top of the filling and close the press.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until well toasted.
- Remove from the sandwich press and cut into quarters.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It is important not to overstuff your tortilla as you will find that it will either pour out the sides or you will go to pick it up and it will be incredibly hard to handle.
- You should avoid using too much oil as the tortilla will absorb the oil and make it soggy.
- You can also use a pan to cook your chicken quesadilla, but it is a little trickier as you will need to flip it to cook the other side of it.
- You don’t have to use two tortillas, just use one and fold it in half. Only put the filling on one half of the tortilla otherwise you will end up with a mess.
- It is easy to overcook your tortilla so use a medium heat and cook until the tortillas are nice golden crispy.
- These are not very easy to cook for a crowd but if you’re going to give it a go you will need multiple pans or sandwich presses. They don’t keep very well so you should serve straight away.
- There are many different variations on the chicken quesadilla only being just of many you can make beef, salmon and many more.
If you need the nutritional information for these tasty quesadillas, then you can find all the information you need below. I should mention these values have been calculated using an online tool, so they’re likely to vary if you calculate it yourself (Unless you’re using the same tool).
There are so many things that you’re able to make with a simple tortilla! One of my personal favorites is masking some delicious homemade tortilla chips. It’s surprisingly easy and perfect if you’re running low or have no chips in the cupboard.
If you have your own variation on the quesadilla that you would like to share then make sure you drop us a comment below.