These homemade tortilla chips are deliciously crunchy and are so damn easy to whip up quickly. I know these aren’t truly “homemade”, but they still make great freshly baked chips.
You can use these tortilla chips in many different dishes such as nachos, taco salad or even just to go with some amazing dips.
If you want to take these homemade chips to the next level, then try using a different type of seasoning instead of salt. For example, you can try some taco seasoning, cajun spice, chicken salt, paprika and so much more. If you have a favorite, then be sure to let us know by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.
If you’re more a visual person, then you should check out the video I have put together on how to make homemade tortilla chips. It is easy to follow, and if you like it, please subscribe!
Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Firstly brush both sides with the oil.
- Cut the tortillas in sixths. (Stacking them in a pile will speed this process up)
- Now separate and place onto a roasting tray. Don’t let them overlap otherwise you will end up with soggy chips.
- Place the oven tray into the preheated oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until nicely crisp.
- Serve & Enjoy
- As I mentioned above, you can eat these by themselves, or you can try them in a great dip such as guacamole. They also go great as a side with chili con carne if you wish to have something with your chili.
- It is best to use just white/plain tortillas for the best results however you can try out other variations if you would like to.
- While I recommend cutting the tortillas into sixths, you can cut them into 8 for smaller chips.
- You can use a variety of oils such as olive oil, spray oil, vegetable oil, peanut oil or whatever you would like. Be aware each will change the flavor and outcome of your recipe.
- You can use just normal table salt, or you can go a bit fancier and use ground sea salt. Much like the oil, this will change the flavor again of the overall recipe.
- If you have leftover tortillas from chicken enchiladas or fajitas then this a great way to use them up.
Since we’re just baking the tortillas with a bit of salt and oil, the nutritional information won’t change much from what’s on display on the packet. This will, of course, vary from packet to packet.
If you have own variation, seasoning or anything else you would like to share about this homemade tortilla chips recipe feel free to leave a comment below.