This delicious, easy sloppy joes recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy dinner. All you need is eight simple ingredients and a little bit of time.
One of the best things about this dish is how cheap it is to make. If you’re on a budget and need something that will fill you up, then this is the dish you need to try out.
This meal is best enjoyed served in a fresh bread roll and a side of crunchy chips. You could even make some mac n cheese to go on the side as well if you have the time.
If burger buns and chips isn’t your thing then you can try making some tacos with the mix. You can add a whole range of extras to the tacos such as lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and so much more.
There are a ton of slight variations that you can make to this dish. For example, some people prefer their sloppy joes to be more on the savory side than sweet, so they reduce the sugar. There are also different types of vegetables that you can add such as diced bell pepper.
If you love seeing how to do things visually, then the video below will take you through all the steps to making this delicious dish. If you prefer a written recipe, then there is one right below the video.
Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 500g (1 lb.) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- In a frypan over medium heat, brown the ground beef, garlic, and onion.
- Once browned, drain off any excess fluid.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, water and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer your food to be more savory than sweet, then make sure you reduce the brown sugar.
- You can get some sloppy joes cooking in the slow cooker instead. This method is perfect if you want just to get your dinner cooking earlier on in the day.
- If you’re looking to add a few more vegetables to this dish, then some diced celery and bell pepper work great. Add these at the same time you fry the onion.
This sloppy joes recipe is probably not a recipe you would be cooking if you’re concerned about the nutritional information, but I have still calculated for anyone who is curious. This information is an estimate so it may not be entirely accurate.
If you don’t have any hamburger buns, then this still goes great with some nice crispy tortilla chips. If you really want to go one step further, then you can top it with some shredded cheese.
I hope that you enjoy this easy sloppy joes recipe. If you have any variations, tips or anything else that you would like to add then be sure to leave a comment below.