This mac and cheese take just five simple steps, and it is so much better than the packet varieties you can buy at the supermarket.
Mac and cheese is an absolute classic and very popular in the USA, UK, and Canada. Traditionally it is made over the stove from scratch. You can also get it packet form, and they’re super easy to make quickly.
This deliciously cheesy mac and cheese will convince you never to return to the fluoro orange supermarket packets. It’s so easy and takes just a few minutes to make.
I love mac and cheese, but what’s even better is that I can cook and eat it straight out of a mug. This easy to follow recipe takes you through everything you need to know on how to make mac and cheese in a mug.
There are a few things that you will need to keep an eye out for when cooking anything in the microwave. Check out the few cooking tips for this specific dish just below the recipe.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you only need just three ingredients to make it. The minimal ingredients make it perfect if you’re short on cash and want something extremely simple to make. It’s one of my favorite easy pasta recipes you’re able to cook.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to make this amazing easy homemade mac and cheese? Then check out the video I have prepared below.
Mac and Cheese in a Mug Recipe
- ½ cup macaroni pasta
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine pasta and milk in a large mug.
- Microwave the pasta in 1-minute intervals. Check the pasta every minute for consistency. It should take about 4 minutes before the pasta is soft, pour off the excess milk.
- Add the cheese and stir in.
- Place back in microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Adding herbs can change this recipe completely and with many different flavors to choose from don’t be afraid to experiment. I recommend using some chopped chives or parsley.
- You can use different cheeses, in this recipe I made use of a basic cheddar cheese but don’t be afraid to experiment trying all sorts of nice cheeses. Half mozzarella and half cheddar is an amazing combination.
- If you feel like a bit meat in your mac and cheese, try adding ham, smoked salmon and other deli meats that don’t require a huge amount of cooking.
- Be extra careful when you microwave liquids as they can become super heated and explode when you go to remove it. Keeping a distance would be the best way to avoid any physical harm to yourself.
- Place a plate underneath the mug as there is a good chance it will overflow
If you’re wondering what the nutritional information for this mac and cheese recipe is, then you can find it right below. It’s obviously not going to be super great for you, but it’s still incredibly tasty.
I should also mention that this information is just an estimate so you may need to calculate it yourself.
There are so many different types of mug recipes that are just fantastic if you’re feeling a little lazy or only need to cook for one. They’re also great if you’re running low on money as most of the recipes tend only to require low-cost ingredients making them super affordable.
If you’re after another delicious recipe, then I highly recommend trying the banana mug cake. It’s perfect as a meal or just as a really easy dessert.
I hope that you both make and enjoy this delicious mac and cheese in a mug recipe.If you know of any additions to this recipe that could improve it tenfold then drop us a comment below.