Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Mac and Cheese in a Mug Recipe
- Prep time: 1 Minute
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Minutes
- Serves: 1
- ½ cup macaroni pasta
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the pasta and milk into a large mug.
- Microwave the pasta in 1-minute intervals. Check the pasta every minute for consistency. It should take about 4 minutes before the pasta is soft, pour off the excess milk.
- Add the cheese and stir in.
- Place back in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Adding herbs can change this recipe completely, and with many different flavors to choose from, don’t be afraid to experiment. I recommend using some chopped chives or parsley.
- You can use different cheeses, in this recipe I made use of basic cheddar cheese, but don’t be afraid to experiment trying all sorts of nice cheeses. Half mozzarella and half cheddar is a fantastic combination.
- If you feel like having a bit of meat in your mac and cheese, try adding ham, smoked salmon, and other deli meats that don’t require a considerable amount of cooking.
- Be extra careful when you microwave liquids as they can become superheated and explode when you go to remove it. Keeping a distance would be the best way to avoid any physical harm to yourself.
- Place a plate underneath the mug as there is a good chance it will overflow.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!