This mug coffee cake recipe makes a delicious cake that is moist, fluffy and has slight hint cinnamon. You can eat it by itself or with a nice hot cup of coffee.
This recipe serves one if you need more than that just merely double it but you will probably need to use more mugs as well. You also will probably find the topping can do two servings so keep this in mind when you’re changing the recipe to feed more.
I often find if you’re feeling a little peckish then adding some cream or ice cream is the perfect addition to this lovely mug cake.
You may already know that a coffee cake is typically a cake that you have a coffee or tea. You will find that these cakes are often flavored with spices and sometimes have a crumb on top. This particular recipe has both the crumb and uses some cinnamon for extra flavor.
If you’re more of a visual person, then check out the video we have prepared for the mug coffee cake. It will take you through all the steps for making this awesome recipe.
Mug Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. self-raising flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp. softened butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- Prepare your crumble by combining all the ingredients in a separate dish to your mug.
- Combine until the mixture represents a crumbly mixture.
- In your mug add the self-rising flour, brown sugar and cinnamon and cinnamon and mix.
- Add your vegetable oil or butter and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the topping to the top of the mug mixture.
- Cook in a microwave for about 1 minute.
- Eat and enjoy.
- If you end up with any of the topping mix left over, then make sure you place this in the fridge. It should keep for a few days before you should probably discard.
- If you find your cake is a little too moist when you pull it out of the microwave then merely place back in and cook for about 30 seconds.
- As with any recipe that you cook in a mug make sure the mug is large enough for the amount of mixture you’re putting in it. If it is too small, then it is likely to make a mess of your microwave.
Cakes in a mug are incredibly easy and addictive, but the con is they’re not super healthy for you. If you’re curious about how much this easy mug cake will impact your diet, then you can find all the information you need below.
I should mention this information is only estimated but should be good enough to tell if this is ok for you or not.
If you love mug recipes, then you should check out some of the others that I have on this site. The brownie in a mug is perfect for anyone looking for a chocolate dessert that is quick and easy.
If you want something savory, then the scrambled eggs in a mug is a great fast and easy recipe for a cooked breakfast.
If you have your own variation, improvements, tips or would just like to leave us feedback on the mug coffee cake recipe, then feel free to drop us a comment below.