The paleo beef stew is perfect for a cold winter’s day where you need a meal just not to fill you up but also warm you up.
You can cook this recipe ahead of time and simply refrigerate it. It will reheat amazingly well making it both great for those dinners where you don’t have a lot of time or as a paleo friendly lunch where you often don’t have time to make anything.
Another great thing I love about stews is that they’re great if you’re cooking for a crowd. This stew should feed at least four people and possibly even more if you have a paleo friendly side dish to go with it.
As with any stew don’t be afraid to be lazy when it comes to cutting up ingredients. Just cut into edible sized chunks, and they’re ready for whenever you need them. I also just wash the vegetables leaving the skin on except course being onions.
If you want to see how this recipe is done, then please check out the video I have prepared. If you like what you see then, please make sure you subscribe, so you stay up to date with all the latest and greatest paleo recipes, guides and much more.
Paleo Beef Stew Recipe
- 500g (17 oz.) chuck beef, cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 4 cups beef stock
- In a large deep saucepan over medium heat, add the beef to the pan and cook until browned.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and sweet potato. Cook for 3-5 minutes making sure you stir constantly.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, rosemary, and thyme.
- Bring to the simmer then cover and cook for about 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- The beef should now be tender, and the mix should be thickened.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Use a low-cost cut of beef such as chuck since we will be cooking the stew for quite some time which means the beef should become nice and tender.
- If the paleo beef stew is a bit too thick, then just add a bit of water. If you’re finding it to be too runny, then you will need to cook it for longer. Make sure you don’t have a lid on it when you’re trying to thicken it up.
- You can adjust the ingredients in this recipe slightly to the foods that you prefer. For example, if you like lots of beef feel free to add more! It won’t affect the overall outcome of the stew too much. However, keep in mind the nutritional information will change if you add or remove ingredients.
All the nutritional information you need to know about this beef stew is below. It’s only an estimate but should give you a good idea of what to expect from a single serving of this delicious paleo dish.
If you have your variation, thoughts or want to leave feedback about this paleo beef stew recipe, then feel free to leave us a comment below!