This Nutella mug cake is absolutely amazing and requires just three ingredients. It is the perfect cake for any Nutella lover.
This cake is amazingly gooey and is easily one of the best easy desserts. Best of all, it will only take you a few minutes to have it ready for eating. I would leave it to cool a bit to avoid burning your mouth.
You can cook this cake in a larger mug or bowl if you want to feed more people. Try adjusting the recipe by doubling or tripling the ingredients, so the cake takes up the entire bowl.
I made use of a typical household microwave to cook this delicious Nutella mug cake. You may find you will need to adjust the cooking time slightly as microwaves can vary heavily.
What to Serve with this Mug Cake
There are plenty of extra foods that will go great with this mug cake. Below are some suggestions on what will go great with this cake.
I recommend having some vanilla or hazelnut ice cream with this cake as it will take it to the next level. If you do not have any, then try some whipped cream or some creamy custard.
You can get the double Nutella experience by placing a dollop of Nutella on top of the cake after you have cooked it. It is the perfect tweak, especially if you can never get enough Nutella.
Chopped roasted hazelnuts go well with this cake. Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top of the cake along with some ice cream for one deliciously easy dessert.
If you want to quickly see how to prepare and cook this Nutella mug cake, check out the video below. If you are after a text version of the recipe, there is one right below the video.
Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- 4 Tbsp self-rising flour
- 3 Tbsp Nutella
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Add all the ingredients to a mug and mix until smooth.
- Microwave on high for about 1 and ½ minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- In this recipe, I use a 1000-watt microwave, so you may need to cook you cake for longer if your microwave is not as powerful.
- If you want the cake to be slightly gooey, then cook it for a bit less than what I recommend in this recipe.
- You can cook this cake in an oven, but you will want to use an oven-proof dish or ramekin. You will also want to double the ingredients to make it worthwhile turning on the oven. I would bake the cake at 180°C (350°F) in a preheated oven for about twenty minutes.
- If you do not have self-rising flour, you can simply replace it with plain flour and add about one teaspoon of baking powder. Make sure you mix the flour and the baking powder so that the cake evenly rises. This technique should achieve the same delicious mug cake.
- To make this a gluten-free mug cake, simply replace the self-rising flour with gluten-free self-rising flour.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Delicious Sweets
Below are a couple more delicious dessert ideas that I highly recommend giving a try.
If you are a Nutella lover, then you are going to love the Nutella scrolls. These are crunchy puff pastry scrolls with a delicious Nutella and chopped hazelnut filling. Definitely worth giving a try.
Another great recipe is the chocolate mug brownie and is very similar to this one but tastes more chocolatey. If you have a sweet tooth, you should take a look at giving this delicious mug cake a try.
If you have your own variation of a Nutella mug cake or have some feedback, do not be afraid to leave a comment. We will love to hear your thoughts on this yummy recipe.