A tasty and easy omelette in a mug is the perfect breakfast for anyone who doesn’t want to make much mess and only needs to cook for one or two.
There are so many variations that you’re able to do with this recipe so feel free to change or add a few extra ingredients. If you come across a combination that is absolutely amazing and you would love to share it, then please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Make sure you use a largish mug and that you don’t overfill it as the omelette does tend to start rising out of the mug once it starts to cook. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on it while cooking to avoid any messy incidents.
There are plenty of other breakfast mug recipes that you’re able to do. For example, something like the scrumptious scrambled eggs in a mug is incredibly tasty and well worth checking out.
While this dish is best at being a breakfast dish, you can also eat it for dinner or even as a snack. It just comes down to what you’re feeling like eating.
If you want to see how to make this incredibly good omelette in a mug, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, you can find the full-text recipe right below the video.
Omelette in a Mug Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. ham or salami, diced
- 2 Tbsp. red bell pepper, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly spray or grease a microwavable coffee mug.
- Crack the eggs into the mug and beat together.
- Mix in the ham, red bell pepper and season with salt & pepper.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Keep an eye on it just in case it overflows.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The egg mix will rise so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t overflow and cause a mess.
- If you find your omelette has tons of water around it, then this means the egg was overcooked. To avoid this try cooking it for less time.
- The extras such as ham and the red bell pepper can easily be swapped out for other ingredients. For example, you could swap the ham for salmon, the bell pepper for spinach and add a bit of dill.
- Microwaves can vary by quite a bit on how fast they can cook. You may find you will need to adjust the cooking time slightly. Doing in 30-second bursts should help prevent overcooking.
- The mug is likely to be hot when you go to grab it out of the microwave. It’s important to use caution so that you can avoid any nasty burns.
If you’re wondering what the nutritional information is for this delicious omelette, then you can find it right below. Keep in mind if you make any adjustments to this recipe then this information will be wrong.
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you should certainly check out some of the other yummy mug recipes that I have. Another personal favorite of mine is the delicious French toast cooked in a mug. It is incredibly simple and goes fantastic with a drizzle of honey and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I hope that you’re able to make this delicious omelette in a mug with no problems at all and that it comes out to be amazingly tasty. If you have any feedback, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.