This quick & easy French toast recipe makes for a sweet eggy breakfast. If you’re a fan of French toast but don’t have a huge amount of time to make it, then this recipe is for you.
You will find that French toast is called pain perdu in most French-speaking regions, this means lost bread. It is called this as you often use stale bread in the making of this dish. Soaking it in egg and frying it in butter is a way of bringing the bread back to the tasty and edible state.
Learning how to make French toast is surprisingly easy as the concept behind is dead simple. The process is typically finding a stale bread and soaking it in an egg mix.
The egg mixture usually varies from recipe to recipe, but the one I have written up here is my personal favorite. (It is also super easy to cook up). You can even try using it in a French toast casserole.
If you want to see how to do this easy French toast recipe step by step, then check out the video below.
The video will take you through everything you need to know to on how to make French Toast fast. If you do like the video and would love to stay up to date, then please make sure you subscribe.
Quick & Easy French Toast Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup of milk
- 4 slices of bread
- In a bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Once beaten, stir in the milk.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture. If you slightly massage the bread, this will encourage it to absorb the egg faster.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt some butter.
- Add your bread slices and cook on for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you need to prepare a large batch of French toast, then I recommended starting them a pan before moving them into an oven a medium to low temperature. This way you can cook lots and keep them warm without overcooking them.
- One thing to note, if you’re doing thick pieces of bread, then I would recommend starting, then in the frying pan and finish them off in the oven. To do this have an oven preheated to about 180°C (350°F) and once the bread is slightly golden brown on each side place into the oven and finish it off.
- This French toast recipe is very much like the easy pancake recipe and goes fantastic with fresh berries and cream. Another great combination is bacon and maple syrup, but it depends what appeals to your more.
You can find the nutritional information for this delicious french toast right below. Keep in mind if you have some bacon and maple syrup with this then you will need to add it on top of the values stated below.
I want to point out that this information is only an estimate so it may not align 100% with your calculations.
There are plenty of other great easy breakfast recipes that you should try out sometime. Another of my personal favorites is cooking scrambled eggs in a mug. This scrambled eggs recipe is so simple that you will be impressed with just how good it tastes.
I hope you enjoy this quick & easy French toast recipe. If you have any thoughts or feedback, you would like to let us know then feel free to drop us a comment below.