Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy French Toast Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Once beaten, stir in the milk.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture. If you slightly massage the bread, this will encourage it to absorb the egg faster.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add your bread slices and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you need to prepare a large batch of French toast, I recommend starting them in a pan before moving them into an oven set to a low temperature. With this method you can cook lots and keep warm without overcooking them.
- This French toast recipe is very much like the easy pancake recipe and goes fantastic with fresh berries and cream. Another great combination is bacon and maple syrup, but it depends on what appeals to you more.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!