Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Omelette in a Mug Recipe
- Prep time 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Minutes
- Total time 4 Minutes
- Serves 1
- Lightly spray or grease a microwavable coffee mug.
- Crack the eggs into the mug and beat together.
- Mix in the ham, red bell pepper, and season with salt & pepper.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Keep an eye on it just in case it overflows.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The egg mix will rise, so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t overflow and cause a mess.
- If you find your omelette has tons of water around it, then this means the egg was overcooked. To avoid this, try cooking it for less time.
- The extras such as ham and the red bell pepper can easily be swapped out for other ingredients. For example, you could swap the ham for salmon, the bell pepper for spinach, and add a bit of dill.
- Microwaves can vary by quite a bit on how fast they can cook. You may find you will need to adjust the cooking time slightly. Doing in 30-second bursts should help prevent overcooking.
- The mug is likely to be hot when you go to grab it out of the microwave. It’s important to use caution so that you can avoid any nasty burns.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!