This espresso mug cake is perfect for anyone looking for a cake that combines both coffee and chocolate.
This cake is perfect for those nights or mornings where you just want a quick and easy cake. This recipe can be put together in less than a few minutes making it perfect for anyone feeling a bit lazy.
A lot of microwaves vary in their cooking settings so you may find your espresso mug cake may need a little longer or a little less cooking. This mug cake best cooked in a 1000W microwave set on the highest setting.
If you need to make double of this recipe, I recommended weighing out the ingredients separately. For example, if you weigh them together and then divide them into mugs, you may end up with consistency problems.
This recipe should come out to be an excellent chocolate espresso moist cake. Personally, I love enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee with this nice and early in the morning. If you love this mug cake, then you might also enjoy something like the delicious coffee cake in a mug recipe.
If you want to see how to do this recipe visually, then be sure to check out our video on the espresso mug cake recipe below. It will take you through all the necessary steps to making this amazing cake in a mug.
Espresso Mug Cake Recipe
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Add the dry ingredients to a clean microwavable mug and mix well.
- Add the oil & milk to the mug.
- Mix together and try to ensure there is little to no lumps.
- Place into the microwave and cook it for about a minute and a half on a high.
- Enjoy with cream, ice cream or even just by itself.
- This espresso mug cake is very much like the gooey mug brownie so if you’re feeling like something more chocolatey be sure to check it out.
- You can replace the cocoa powder with drinking chocolate mix. Keep in mind this will make it sweeter so you may need to reduce the sugar a little bit.
- Personally, I wouldn’t stress too much about the quantities in this recipe. Mug recipes are usually pretty forgiving for slightly wrong measurements.
- If you love the taste of coffee and one teaspoon of instant coffee powder just isn’t doing it for you then feel free to add a bit more. I haven’t experimented with more than one teaspoon, but I am sure anything up to about one tablespoon would taste just fine.
- As I mentioned in the recipe, both cream and ice-cream go well with this recipe. If you feel like spoiling yourself a little extra, then be sure to try fresh or frozen raspberries.
The mug cake nutritional information is right below.
Keep in mind this information is only estimated but should still be good enough to be able to determine if this is ok for your diet.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have been able to make a delicious snack in no time at all.
If you have any feedback, variations on this espresso mug cake recipe that you would like to share then be sure to drop us a comment below.