Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Espresso Mug Cake Recipe
- Prep time 1 Minute
- Cook time: 2 Minutes
- Total time 3 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Add the dry ingredients to a clean microwavable mug and mix well.
- Add the oil & milk to the mug.
- Mix together and try to ensure there is little to no lumps.
- Place into the microwave and cook it for about a minute and a half on a high.
- Enjoy with cream, ice cream or even just by itself.
- This espresso mug cake is very much like the gooey mug brownie so if you’re feeling like something more chocolatey be sure to check it out.
- You can replace the cocoa powder with drinking chocolate mix. Keep in mind this will make it sweeter so you may need to reduce the sugar a little bit.
- Personally, I wouldn’t stress too much about the quantities in this recipe. Mug recipes are usually pretty forgiving for slightly wrong measurements.
- If you love the taste of coffee and one teaspoon of instant coffee powder just isn’t doing it for you then feel free to add a bit more. I haven’t experimented with more than one teaspoon, but I am sure anything up to about one tablespoon would taste just fine.
- As I mentioned in the recipe, both cream and ice-cream go well with this recipe. If you feel like spoiling yourself a little extra, then be sure to try fresh or frozen raspberries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!