Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Espresso Mug Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 1 Minute
- Cook time: 2 Minutes
- Total time: 3 Minutes
- Serves: 1
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Add the dry ingredients to a clean microwavable mug and mix well.
- Add the oil and milk to the mug.
- Mix and try to ensure there is little to no lumps.
- Place into the microwave and cook it for about a minute and a half.
- Enjoy with cream, ice cream, or even just by itself.
- You can replace the cocoa powder with a drinking chocolate mixture. Keep in mind this will make the cake even sweeter, so you may need to reduce the sugar a little bit.
- Personally, I wouldn’t stress too much about the quantities in this recipe. Mug recipes are usually pretty forgiving for slightly wrong measurements.
- If you love the taste of coffee and one teaspoon of instant coffee powder just isn’t doing it for you, then feel free to add a bit more. I haven’t experimented with more than one teaspoon. Still, I am sure anything up to about one tablespoon would taste just fine.
- As I mentioned in the recipe, both cream and ice-cream go well with this cake. If you feel like spoiling yourself a little, then be sure to try fresh or frozen raspberries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!