Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- In a frypan over medium heat, brown the ground beef, garlic, and onion.
- Once browned, drain off any excess fluid.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, water, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer your food to be more savory than sweet, then make sure you reduce the brown sugar.
- You can get some sloppy joes cooking in the slow cooker instead. This method is perfect if you want to get your dinner cooking earlier on in the day.
- If you’re looking to add a few more vegetables to this dish, then some diced celery and bell pepper work great. Add these at the same time you fry the onion.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!