Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chili Cheese Fries Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 750g (1.6 lb) frozen fries
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 400g (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 400g (14 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 250g (8.8 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 250g (8.8 oz) cheddar cheese
- Preheat an oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, tomato paste, sugar, paprika, cumin, and chili flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the chili is cooking, line a tray with baking paper and scatter the frozen fries over the paper.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Season the fries with salt and pepper.
Putting it altogether
- Move the fries to form a pile in the middle of the tray.
- Add the hot chili over the fries and then top it off with the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese melted. Roughly 10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can make your own homemade fries, but it will add a lot more preparation time to this dish.
- Make sure you line the baking tray as it will save you a ton of time cleaning.
- The cheese mixture can be tweaked for a little bit more flavor. For example, a little bit of parmesan can be added to the cheese mixture.
- I recommend using thick-cut fries for the best results. Fries may also be called chips, depending on the country you reside in.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!