Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chip Butty Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 100g (3.5 oz) hot chips
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp butter
- Butter one side of both pieces of bread.
- Arrange the hot chips on the buttered side of a piece of bread. Make sure the chips are evenly spread.
- Evenly drizzle the tomato sauce over the chips.
- Place the slice of bread on top of the chips.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Chips are not exactly great once they go cold, so I do not really recommend making a chip butty with cold chips. For the best results, use hot chips that have just come out of the deep fryer or oven.
- Soft fresh bread will work best in this recipe.
- Hot chips are known as steak fries in America. You can use French fries, but the result is not nearly as satisfying.
- You can cook the chips yourself or get them from your local fish and chip shop, I prefer the latter.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!