Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 40 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup (75g) SR flour
- 2 tsp. cocoa
- 1/8 cup (30g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Cream butter and caster sugar, add beaten egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour adding milk gradually.
- Pour into the ovenproof dish.
- Make sauce: Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and then sprinkle on top of the mixture in the dish.
- Pour the boiling water gently over mix trying not to disturb the mix too much.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with custard sauce, cream or ice cream.
- When you’re pouring the boiling water over the pudding, you can use the back of a spoon to pour onto it. This method will help stop the water from digging up your cake mix and causing bits of it to float.
- If you find the sauce tasted a bit too much like brown sugar, simply add more cocoa powder in next time. Alternatively, you can reduce the brown sugar, but this might affect the thickness of the sauce.
- Another variation you can try for this chocolate self-saucing pudding is to add chocolate chips. If you add chocolate chips to the cake mix, you will get nice gooey bits of chocolate throughout the pudding when it is finally cooked. The sauce will help prevent any of the chocolate from burning.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!