Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Coconut Butter Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Makes ~200ml (7 fl. oz.)
- 4 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- Place the coconut into a food processor.
- Blitz the coconut on high speed, you may need to stop and push the coconut down off the sides of the blender if it is getting stuck.
- Once you have blended the coconut long enough, it should start become runny and creamy. The longer you blend it, the creamier it will become. I find blending for 15 minutes is usually the sweet spot for having an amazing coconut butter.
- Once you’re happy with the mix, simply store in the fridge or cupboard until you need to use it.
- If you’re finding the mix isn’t bending very well or is still very dry, then you can try adding some coconut oil. I recommend adding about 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil and then blending some more. Add more if you still find it is turning buttery.
- It is essential to make sure you buy a variety of coconut that isn’t sweetened. A sweetened variety can cause problems getting this to work and taste nice. You can find unsweetened shredded coconut at pretty much any good online retailer or local supermarket.
- If you store this in the fridge, it will solidify and will become very unspreadable and impossible to dip anything into the butter. However, a quick solution would be to merely microwave the amount you need for just a few seconds. This heat should give you that lovely rich, creamy texture you had before putting it in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!