Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Coconut Rice Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 & 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Over the Stove
- Place the rice, water, coconut cream and salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once at the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Allow to stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork or spoon to fluff the rice up.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Place the rice, water, coconut cream and salt into a rice cooker and place the lid on.
- Switch to cook and wait until it switches to “keep warm” or off.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a spoon or fork to fluff the rice up.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Some varieties of rice may need more liquid for this to cook correctly. Be sure to check the packet for a ratio of how much liquid to rice there should be and adjust accordingly.
- If you don’t need the rice straight away, then leave the lid on as it will keep warm for up to about an hour.
- You can add extra flavorings such as grated ginger, nutmeg or even cinnamon for a slightly different tasting coconut rice.
- You’re able to use coconut milk instead of coconut cream, and it will give you less creamy rice.
- If you absolutely love the taste of coconut then be sure to add 2-3 Tbsp. of shredded coconut for the ultimate coconut flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!