Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Total time 15 Minutes
- Makes 700g (25 oz)
- 240g (8.5 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 120g (4.2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 350g (12.4 oz) powdered sugar
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly beat in the sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly increase the speed as it combines. Continue to beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread or pipe onto your cooled baked goods.
- Powdered sugar is also known as icing sugar or confectioners’ sugar.
- Add more powdered sugar to increase the thickness of the frosting. The amount used in this recipe should give you soft peaks. If you want stiff peaks, add another 110g (3.9 oz) of sugar.
- If you’re making this recipe on a hot day, then it might be runnier than usual. I recommend placing it in the fridge for an hour or two to help thicken it slightly before using it.
- The vanilla extract can be left out of the recipe if you’re adding additional flavoring.
- Food coloring can be added if you wish for the icing to be a color other than white.
- Make sure you use a block of cream cheese and not cream cheese spread. The spread will not work, and it will likely result in a frosting that is super runny.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!