Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 150g (5 oz) shredded chicken
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup cream
- 250g (9 oz) cooked pasta or noodles
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp butter
- Add the red onion, garlic, and sliced bell pepper.
- Cook until onion starts to go transparent.
- Add Cajun seasoning, chicken and cook for another minute.
- Add the cream and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over hot cooked pasta.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Adding a tiny bit of butter (roughly 1 Tbsp) to the sauce just before you go to serve will help the sauce have a bit more depth in both flavor and texture.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken, then you can simply just use your preferred cut of raw chicken. I would add this just before step four and cook for a few minutes, so it's fully cooked.
- Most Cajun seasonings contain added salt so keep this in mind when you go to season the dish. I recommended tasting the sauce before you add any extra salt.
- Depending on the type of Cajun spice you’re using, you will not find this dish to be too spicy. If you like things spicy, then I recommend adding a bit more cajun or adding a sliced red chili at the same time you add the onion.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!