Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Deep-Fried Camembert Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 115 g (4.1 oz) wheel of camembert
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Enough oil to fill a deep fryer
- Cut the camembert into 1/8ths (If it is a wheel) or 2cm (0.8 in) chunks.
- In a bowl, mix the plain flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the camembert through the flour.
- In another bowl, beat the two eggs together.
- Finally, in a different bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Now, one by one, add camembert to the egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Place to the side.
- In a deep fryer heat the oil to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the camembert into the oil and allow to cook for 30-45 seconds or until golden brown.
- Place on some paper to any drain excess oil.
- Serve & Enjoy,
- Deep-fried camembert goes amazing with some cranberry sauce. Also, it goes well in a salad, perfect if you’re looking to have something a bit healthier with these gooey cheese bits.
- It's essential not to use olive oils in a deep fryer as they impart a lot of their flavor to the food and they have a very low burning point.
- Don’t drop the camembert into the deep fryer as this will cause a splash, possibly burning yourself and also making your kitchen dirty. Simply place into the oil, and it should start cooking.
- It is important to have the oil at the right temperature when using a deep fryer or even if you’re shallow frying. If you put food in when the oil is not hot enough, your food will absorb the oil and become a soggy and a unenjoyable mess.
- You can add chopped herbs such as chives to the breadcrumb mixture to help add a bit more flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!