Back to Recipe Print Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 6
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 30 g (1.1 oz) taco seasoning
- 375 g (13.2 oz) salsa
- 200 g (7.1 oz) sour cream
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 380 g (13.4 oz) Dorito chips
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add a splash of oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Next, add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and salsa and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the stove off and add the sour cream into the frying pan. Stir until well combined.
- In a greased large baking dish, spread out 1/3 of the Doritos. Top with 1/3 of the cheese, then 1/2 beef mixture. Repeat again.
- Top with the remaining Doritos and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I recommend baking the casserole immediately; otherwise, the Doritos will start to go soggy.
- Doritos is recommended, but other brands of tortilla chips will work fine as a replacement.
- Feel free to replace the ground beef with other meats such as ground turkey or shredded chicken.
- You can crush the Doritos slightly, so they are not as big. Make sure you do not crush them too much as they will turn to mush. I prefer to leave them at the full size.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!