Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 35 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 125 g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Preheat an oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Grease and line a 1kg (2 lb) loaf tin.
- In a bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in the self-rising flour and the milk.
- Now add the mashed bananas and raspberry jam, gently stir in.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find that the top is starting to burn, but the bread is not cooked in the middle yet, then simply cover it with some foil. This method will help it continue to cook and reduce the risk of the outside becoming burnt.
- You can leave the sugar out of the recipe if you prefer your banana bread to not be sweet. The sugars in the raspberry jam and the mashed banana should be sufficient enough to keep it tasty.
- If you want to add more flavor to this recipe, then I recommend adding some allspice and cinnamon. A teaspoon of each should be the perfect amount.
- Caster sugar is also known as baker's sugar or superfine sugar. It's the ideal sugar for any type of baking, but if you don't have any, then you can use regular granulated sugar.
- You can also make banana bread in the slow cooker, which is perfect if you find yourself without an oven.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!