Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 35 Minutes
- Total time 45 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 125g (4.5 oz) butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat an oven to 170°C (330°F)
- Grease and line a 2 lb. loaf tin.
- In a bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and beat together.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Now add the mashed bananas & raspberry jam, mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you find the that the top is starting to burn, but the bread is not cooked in the middle yet, then simply cover it with some foil. This method will help it continue to cook but also reducing the amount the outside will burn.
- Assuming you want to add some more flavor to this recipe, then I recommend adding some allspice and cinnamon. A teaspoon of each should be the perfect amount.
- If you don’t like your banana bread too sweet, then I recommend removing the sugar altogether. The sugars in the raspberry jam and the mashed banana should be sufficient enough to keep it great tasting.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!