Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 3 heaped cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup cornstarch
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once melted, add the onion, garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch and ½ a cup of the milk.
- Add the milk, the cornstarch mix and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Season with salt pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer, you can leave the cornstarch and milk mix out. The soup will, however, be very runny and may not be as enjoyable.
- Seasoning can make or break a dish, but this is particularly true with soup. If you’re finding it a bit tasteless, then try adding a bit more salt, however, be careful not to add too much as a salty soup isn’t a good experience.
- You can swap out the mozzarella cheese for something else like cheddar for a stronger flavor. There is a ton of different varieties of cheese that you can try out. Each will offer a different flavor that will completely change the dish.
- If you like a smooth soup, then you can try blitzing it. Keep in mind this will change the texture and flavor but certainly a must for anyone who doesn’t like chunky soups.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!