Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 4 shallots, diced
- 500g (1.1 lb) mushrooms
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a skillet pan over high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the halved chicken breasts and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put to the side.
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter, mushrooms, and shallots to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Next, add the marsala wine and bring to a simmer. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the flavor.
- Add the cream and lemon juice, return to a simmer.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Reheat the chicken in the pan for roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Lightly coating the chicken breast in flour is a great way to help thicken the sauce up.
- If you’re a massive fan of the sauce, then you might want to double the amount for this dish. This recipe will produce just enough, but that might not be for some people.
- Use a meat thermometer if you're unsure whether the chicken is fully cooked. I have always found the chicken to be ready by the time I serve the meal.
- If you can’t get your hands on a dry marsala wine, then you can use sweet instead. The biggest difference is that the sauce will be sweeter. For some people, that’s not such a bad thing.
- The oregano can be left out or swapped for a different herb such as parsley. Dried herbs will work fine however fresh is always so much better.
- If you prefer to cook this dish low and slow, then you can cook chicken marsala in the slow cooker. It comes out surprisingly delicious.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!