Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 4 shallots, diced
- 500g (1.1 lb) mushrooms
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a skillet pan over high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the halved chicken breasts and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put to the side.
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter, mushrooms, and shallots to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Next, add the marsala wine and bring to a simmer. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the flavor.
- Add the cream and lemon juice, return to a simmer.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Reheat the chicken in the pan for roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Lightly coating the chicken breast in flour is a great way to help thicken the sauce up.
- If you’re a massive fan of the sauce, then you might want to double the amount for this dish. This recipe will produce just enough, but that might not be for some people.
- Use a meat thermometer if you're unsure whether the chicken is fully cooked. I have always found the chicken to be ready by the time I serve the meal.
- If you can’t get your hands on a dry marsala wine, then you can use sweet instead. The biggest difference is that the sauce will be sweeter. For some people, that’s not such a bad thing.
- The oregano can be left out or swapped for a different herb such as parsley. Dried herbs will work fine however fresh is always so much better.
- If you prefer to cook this dish low and slow, then you can cook chicken marsala in the slow cooker. It comes out surprisingly delicious.