Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 4 shallots, diced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) mushrooms
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a skillet pan over high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the halved chicken breasts and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put to the side.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, shallots, and mushrooms to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Next, add the marsala wine and bring to a simmer. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the flavor.
- Add the oregano, cream, and lemon juice, return to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the chicken in the pan with the sauce for roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Lightly coating the chicken breast in flour is a great way to help thicken the sauce.
- If you are a massive fan of the sauce, then you might want to double the amount for this dish. This recipe will produce just enough, but you might want lots of sauce.
- Use a meat thermometer if you are unsure whether the chicken is fully cooked. I have always found the chicken to be ready by the time I serve the meal. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 75°C (165°F).
- The oregano can be left out or swapped for a different herb such as parsley. Dried herbs will work fine; however, fresh is always so much better.
- If you prefer to cook this dish low and slow, you can cook chicken marsala in the slow cooker. It comes out surprisingly delicious.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!