Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g (14.1 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400 g (14.1 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, cumin, chili flakes, and cook until the ground beef is browned.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, oregano, and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- This easy chili con carne recipe keeps well in the fridge so you can cook up a large batch and enjoy it the next day. It also freezes nicely, so if you want to stock up for those lazy nights, then this is a great recipe for doing exactly that.
- Draining any excess fluid after browning the ground beef is an excellent way of reducing the amount of fat in your chili.
- Adding a little bit of sugar helps take away some of the bitterness from the tomatoes.
- You can leave this chili cook for longer than twenty minutes. The longer cooking time will help bring out even more flavor, it's quite common to see a chili cooked in a slow cooker.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!