Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Coconut Cake Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Preheat an oven to 160°C (320°F)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Once well combined, pour the mix into a lined cake tin (22cm / 9 in.) and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want to make this vegan-friendly, then you can swap the dairy milk for something like soy milk or coconut milk.
- Adding some cocoa will turn this cake into a chocolate coconut cake. I would add about one tablespoon, but you can add more or less depending on how rich in chocolate you want it to be.
- If you don’t have any self-rising flour, then you can easily make some with the addition of baking powder. Just add two teaspoons of baking powder to one cup of plain flour. I would do this before adding to the main bowl to ensure the baking powder is evenly distributed amongst the flour.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!