Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 1x French stick or similar
- 6 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 180°C or 350°F
- Slice the French stick into about 2 cm (¾ inch) slices, don’t cut all the way through only go about ¾.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, butter, and parsley.
- Using a knife spread the mix in-between the cuts of the French stick.
- You can either wrap in foil or leave it as is for extra crunchy garlic bread.
- Place into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the butter has melted and bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
- If you don’t have a French stick, then you can still use the butter we make with this easy garlic bread recipe with just normal sliced bread. However, for the best result, I recommended placing the bread slices onto a tray and grilling them. Otherwise just toasting then spreading the butter on the bread will still work just as well.
- The butter mix you make in this recipe is great for other dishes such as garlic prawns so make sure you don’t throw out any of the leftovers.
- If you want to turn this into easy cheesy garlic bread, then add some shaved parmesan to the butter mix. Alternatively, place the cheese in between the cuts of the French stick.
- Wrapping the garlic bread in foil whilst isn’t essential it does help the bread to cook more evenly & keeps your oven clean. If you decide not to use the foil, then I recommend placing it on an oven tray.
- You can place this in the microwave without the foil if you’re running low on time but keep in mind it will come out to quite soft and not as nice.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!