Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Beef Goulash Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 500 g (1.1 lb) beef, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g (7.1 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 400 g (14.1 oz) tomato soup
- 500 g (1.1 lb) diced tomatoes
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the beef until browned. Approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the soup and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you’re finding the beef to be a bit tough, you can use a different cut of beef, or you can cook it for longer. Using a slow cooker to cook the beef goulash is the perfect way to get the beef super tender.
- Any type of mushroom will work fine, but I find the best is typically portobello mushrooms or something similar.
- Use your favorite brand of tomato soup as it will heavily influence the flavors of this stew.
- You might need to add a pinch of sugar to help remove the bitterness of the tomatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!