This easy goulash recipe is the perfect hearty dish for a cold winter’s day. It is also just a nice dish if you have some beef that you would like to use up in a stew.
This recipe doesn’t need any side dish like rice however if you’re feeding a crowd you might want to cook up something to go with it. My personal favorites are either some delicious creamy mash or some nice fluffy rice.
If you have never heard of a goulash, then it is typically a stew of both meat and vegetables. It is typically seasoned with paprika and depending on the recipe some other spices as well. There are many different variations on this dish but to keep things nice and easy this recipe is pretty minimal.
If you want to see how to put together this recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. It takes you through everything you need to know to cook this up. If you’re happy with a text version of the recipe then just check it out below.
Easy Goulash Recipe
- 500g (17.5 oz) beef cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200g (7 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 400g (14 oz) tomato soup
- 500g (17.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- Rice (Optional)
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the beef until browned. (Approx. 3-4 minutes)
- Add the sliced onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the soup and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re finding the beef to be a bit tough, you can either use a different cut of beef or cook it for longer. If you cook it for about 2 hours extra, then you should end up with some nice tender beef.
- If you like things a bit spicy then simply add about two teaspoons of chili or chili powder. I would add this at the same time as the onion and mushrooms.
If you’re wondering what kind of an impact this delicious, easy goulash will have on your diet, then you can find all the nutritional information you need to know right below.
I also like to mention that this information is just estimated and may vary if you make any changes or use different quality ingredients.
This recipe is probably best for an easy dinner. However, you can easily cook this as a quick & easy lunch or if you have made it the night before just reheat and eat. This dish reheats pretty well, so you don’t need to worry about it tasting iffy after reheating it the next day.
If you’re looking for other quick and easy beef recipes, then we have a few that you might like. The beef stroganoff is delicious pasta dishthat won’t take you long to cook up.
You can also cook up an amazing goulash in a slow cooker but will take hours to cook. The result is totally worth it as you’re left with a fantastic rich beef stew with very tender meat that just melts in your mouth.
I hope you have been able to make this easy goulash recipe and you have enjoyed it. If you have any feedback, variations or anything else that you would love to share, then be sure to leave a comment below.