This yummy yet easy meatloaf is a fantastic meal for those nights where you need to feed a few people. This dish can be quickly thrown together and still taste amazing.
While this recipe does take a while to cook, you can prepare and have it in the oven within ten minutes. This recipe also has very few ingredients, so as long as you have the basics, you’re good to go.
Meatloaf may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it’s incredibly tasty and easy to cook up. You can feed quite a few people from just one batch of this recipe. If you make side dishes to go with the meatloaf, then you should get even more serves out of it.
Personalizing the Recipe
There are quite a few ways you can alter this recipe, so that it is more to your liking. Below are some of my favorite suggestions.
If you want your meatloaf to be extra saucy, then I highly recommend doubling the ingredients. For a different flavor, you can also try using a BBQ sauce rather than ketchup.
For a bit of extra flavor you can use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork. It’s an excellent combination that I highly recommend trying.
More spices can be added into the meatloaf mixture for additional flavors. Spices like cumin, cayenne pepper, and ground coriander can infuse a lot of flavor. I recommend only adding a teaspoon of each spice. Otherwise, they might overpower the rest of the flavors in the meatloaf.
Be sure to let us know how you have personalized this recipe by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.
What to Serve with Meatloaf
There are plenty of dishes that go great as a side dish to this delicious meatloaf.
If you’re interested in something super easy, then you should check out the crunchy sweet potato fries. They’re pretty healthy and incredibly easy to prepare.
I love to make some cauliflower cheese to go alongside this hearty meatloaf. This side dish features blanched cauliflower florets coated in a deliciously cheesy sauce. It’s super easy and won’t take very long to make.
For something a little healthier, you can blanch or steam some green vegetables to go on the side. My favorites are some green beans and some broccoli florets.
There are lots more that you can have alongside this meatloaf, if you have any ideas then feel free to share them by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.
Check out our video below for the easy meatloaf recipe. It’s perfect if you want to see how to make this meal. It will take you through all the steps on how to get this fantastic but straightforward recipe done in no time at all.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) (1/2 cup) milk
- 90 g (3.2 oz) (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 90 ml (3 fl oz) (1/3 cup) ketchup
- First, preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, milk, egg, and breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the beef mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a different bowl, combine the mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Pour over the top of the meatloaf mix.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 1 hour.
- Once done, remove from the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer a runnier sauce, then simply place some foil over the top of the meatloaf for the first thirty minutes. Once the thirty minutes are up, remove the foil and allow it to thicken slightly.
- I also like to make meatloaf in the slow cooker when I know I am going to be very time-limited. You can cook some extra vegetables in the slow cooker, so you will have a one-pot meal.
- One thing you can do if you like a sweeter sauce is to add more brown sugar to the recipe.
- If you have the time, I recommend adding some onion and garlic to this easy meatloaf recipe. Personally, I would add one diced onion and two teaspoons of crushed garlic. I would also pan-fry these slightly before adding it to the ground beef mix.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Easy Recipes
If you like this recipe, then be sure to check out my other easy dinner recipes as I have plenty of great meals you can prepare in no time at all.
A homemade corned beef is also a super easy dish and will please a crowd. A lot of the side dishes that work great with this meatloaf will also work great with the corned beef.
If you’re after another super easy ground beef recipe, then you should give the lazy lasagna a try. It’s super easy, and the result is a cheesy, saucy, lasagna that can feed a crowd. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts or variations on this easy meatloaf recipe by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.