Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) (1/2 cup) milk
- 90 g (3.2 oz) (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 90 ml (3 fl oz) (1/3 cup) ketchup
- First, preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, milk, egg, and breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the beef mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a different bowl, combine the mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Pour over the top of the meatloaf mix.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 1 hour.
- Once done, remove from the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer a runnier sauce, then simply place some foil over the top of the meatloaf for the first thirty minutes. Once the thirty minutes are up, remove the foil and allow it to thicken slightly.
- I also like to make meatloaf in the slow cooker when I know I am going to be very time-limited. You can cook some extra vegetables in the slow cooker, so you will have a one-pot meal.
- One thing you can do if you like a sweeter sauce is to add more brown sugar to the recipe.
- If you have the time, I recommend adding some onion and garlic to this easy meatloaf recipe. Personally, I would add one diced onion and two teaspoons of crushed garlic. I would also pan-fry these slightly before adding it to the ground beef mix.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!