Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Total time 5 Minutes
- Serves 36g (1.2 oz)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients and mix together.
- Use straight away or store in an airtight container.
- If you’re not a fan of heat, then you can reduce the chili powder to half a tablespoon. Keep in mind this might change the overall taste of the seasoning.
- Adding about one teaspoon of cornstarch will help the seasoning stick to meat and will thicken up sauces as well.
- There are many different types of chili powders that you’re able to use in this taco seasoning. Feel free to experiment, and you might get a slightly different flavored taco spice mix. If you come up with an amazing combination, then be sure to share it in the comments below.
This recipe is also super easy to make in bulk, so you’re able to keep it in the cupboard and just grab what you need when you need it. It’s a super easy way to make sure you always have some excellent homemade taco seasoning on hand.
Below are the measurements for when you want to keep some seasoning stored in bulk. An old clean jar is perfect for doing this.
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1/3 cup ground cumin
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 1/3 cup black pepper
- 3 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 1 ½ Tbsp dried oregano
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!