Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Quick & Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- Prep time 2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Total time 2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 300ml (10 fl. oz.) double cream
- 500g (17 ½ oz.) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 Large packet of sponge fingers (Savoiardi)
- 2 cups of strong black coffee
- In a bowl whisk together the double cream, mascarpone, caster sugar & vanilla until it has the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- In a different bowl, add the strong black coffee and place slightly off to the side.
- One by one dip the sponge fingers into the coffee and then place them into a large serving dish. Once you have one layer of sponge fingers add about 1/3 of the cream mixture on top. Repeat this process for about another two layers finishing with cream on the top.
- Cover with cling wrap (plastic wrap) and then place in a fridge for at least 2 hours. However, the longer you leave it, the better it will be.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Optional: Dust with cocoa or a chocolate mix!
- Having the coffee cold will help reduce the amount of time you need to refrigerate. I would still aim for about at least an hour in the fridge even with cold coffee.
- You can make this in smaller individual serves but keep in mind it will take a bit longer to put together.
- If you want to put a bit of alcohol into the dish, then I recommend adding a roughly ½ cup of marsala. Add this into the coffee before dipping the sponge fingers into it.
- Try not to dip the sponge fingers into the coffee for too long otherwise, and they will soak up too much coffee and become a bit too mushy. Also if you don’t do it long enough, they won’t absorb enough coffee and might a bit tasteless.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!