Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- Prep time: 2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Total time: 2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 300 ml (10.1 fl oz) double cream
- 500 g (1.1 lb) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- packet of sponge fingers (Savoiardi)
- 2 cups of strong black coffee
- In a bowl, whisk the double cream, mascarpone, caster sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until it has the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- In a different bowl, add the strong black coffee.
- One by one, dip the sponge fingers into the coffee and then place them into an 8x8 serving dish. Once you have one layer of sponge fingers, add about 1/3 of the cream mixture on top. Repeat this process for about another two layers finishing with cream on the top.
- Cover with cling wrap (plastic wrap) and then place it in a fridge for at least 2 hours. However, the longer you leave it, the better it will be.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Having the coffee cold will help reduce the amount of time you need to refrigerate. I would still aim for about at least an hour in the fridge.
- You can make this in smaller individual serves, but it will take a bit longer to assemble each tiramisu.
- Try not to dip the sponge fingers into the coffee for too long; otherwise, they will soak up too much coffee and become a bit too mushy. Alternatively, if you do not soak them for long enough, they will not absorb enough coffee and might be a bit tasteless.
- Caster sugar is also known as superfine sugar or bakers' sugar. I do not recommend using regular sugar as it may cause your cream mixture to be gritty.
- Since we are making this tiramisu without eggs, we do not need to do any cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!