Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 420g (15 oz) can tuna
- 420g (15 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 420g (15 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup peas
- 4 cups of cooked pasta (Macaroni or spiral)
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350 °F).
- In a large baking dish, combine the tuna, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cooked pasta, and the peas.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the pasta mixture is hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer this tuna casserole to be a little less crunchy, then cover it with aluminum foil before placing it in the oven. If you want the topping to brown a little, then remove the foil roughly ten minutes before removing it from the oven.
- You can mix half of the cheese through the sauce for an extra cheesy casserole.
- A popular variation on this recipe is to use egg noodles instead of pasta. This choice usually comes down to preference. Personally, I prefer the pasta over the noodles.
- If you love a crunchy topping, simply mix one cup of breadcrumbs, two tablespoons of melted butter, and the cheese from the recipe in a bowl. Once done, add the mixture to the top of the casserole before placing it in the oven. Other variations for a crunchy topping include crushed potato chips, fried onions, or crushed corn flakes.
- You don't have to bake the casserole, you can instead heat the sauce mixture over the stovetop. The only thing you will lose is the crispy cheese on top.
- I recommend picking your favorite brand of tinned soups for the best result.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!