Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Egg in a Hole Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Total time 10 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Using the rim of a glass or a cookie cutter, make a hole in the center of the bread.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the bread, and crack the egg into the hole.
- Once the egg has started to set, flip the bread over and cook until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer, you can spread the butter on the bread rather than melting it in the pan. This method is likely to be a bit healthier as you can use a lot less butter.
- You can cook the egg for as long as you want. However, be sure you do not burn the bread. Personally, I prefer to have runny eggs rather than solid.
- If you want your egg to be sunnyside up, then just do not flip it. You may want to fry one side of the bread before adding the egg, so both sides of the bread are nicely toasted.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!