Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy French Onion Dip Recipe
- Prep time: 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 7 Minutes
- Total time: 9 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cream cheese
- 40 g (1.4 oz) packet of French onion soup mix
- 4 Tbsp water
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the soup mix with the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the soup mix into a food processor with the cream cheese. Blend until completely smooth.
- Place in the fridge and cool for about 2 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find the French onion dip too thin or too thick, you can adjust the amount of water that you mix in with the soup. Adding water will help it become runnier, while less water will help it become thicker.
- You can add some sour cream into the recipe to make the dip a little runnier. I only recommend doing this if you think the dip is too thick.
- Obviously, no dip is complete without something to dip into the creamy deliciousness. You can use supermarket crackers, carrot sticks, celery sticks, or even some homemade tortilla chips.
- This dip will last for about a week, maybe even longer. I would consider discarding the dip after a week has passed.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, simply replace the French onion soup mix with a gluten-free variety.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!