This recipe takes you through the steps on how to make an easy French onion dip that goes great with cheese and crackers. If you’re looking for an easy recipe on this popular dip, then you’re in the right place.
Whenever I have made this dip for a party, it has always been one of the first things to go. It tastes so much better than what you will find in the supermarket, and it’s surprisingly easy to whip up.
If you’re after another great dip, then should check out the tasty corn relish dip. Like this dip it too is straightforward to whip up, in fact, it is probably even easier than this one.
The more traditional recipe for making this dip typically involves caramelizing onions with a range of different ingredients. Luckily by using some soup mix, we can skip that part and just mix in a concentrated french onion soup with the cream cheese. The result is an incredibly good tasting dip that goes great on a platter with carrot sticks or crackers.
If you want to see how to do this dip visually, then be sure to check the video below. It will take you through every step of making this amazingly easy French onion dip recipe. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point.
If you like what you see and would love to see more, then please be sure to subscribe to the channel, so you stay up to date.
Easy French Onion Dip Recipe
- 250g (9 oz) cream cheese
- 1 packet of French onion soup
- 4 Tbsp. water
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the soup mix with the water.
- Bring to boil and cook until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the soup mix into a food processor with the cream cheese. Blitz until completely smooth.
- Place in the fridge and cool for about 2 hours. (Optional)
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you find the French onion dip too thin or too thick, you can adjust the amount of water that you mix in with the soup. Adding water will help it become runnier, while less water will help it become nice and thick.
- Adding more water will help it be runnier and less water will help it be thicker.
- Obviously, no dip is complete without something to dip into the creamy deliciousness. You can use supermarket crackers, carrot sticks, celery sticks or even some homemade tortilla chips.
- This dip will last for about a week maybe even longer. I would look at discarding this after a week has passed.
The nutritional information for this tasty dip is right below. Keep in mind this doesn’t include any carrots, crackers or other extras that you might have with it.
This dip is a fantastic, easy snack recipe that you can prepare in just minutes. As I mentioned above if you like this recipe, then please be sure to follow me on social or sign up to the mailing list at the bottom of this page.
I hope that you liked this deliciously easy french onion dip and didn’t run into any problems while making it. If you have anything to add or just want to leave some feedback about this recipe, then please don’t hesitate to drop me a comment below.