In this pizza scrolls recipe, I use puff pastry, using puff pastry allows for a fantastic crunch but is a lot faster than having to make your own dough.
You will find puff pastry is also much better than some of the pre-made bland pizza bases you can buy at the supermarkets. If you don’t like puff pastry then I recommend to take a look at our tortilla pizza recipe, it too is super easy to do and tastes great.
Pizza scrolls are not just great for a meal, but you can use them for catering or even as a snack. They also keep pretty well in the fridge so you can have them ready for whenever you’re feeling a little peckish.
While it appears this recipe is pretty complicated due to the number of steps, it is actually straightforward. The steps have just been broken down, so it is super easy to follow. There are a ton of other puff pastry recipes that you’re able to do too, all very easy and incredibly tasty.
If you want to see how to make these delicious pizza scrolls visually, then check out the video I have prepared below.
Puff Pastry Pizza Scrolls Recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 50g (1.5 oz) cheese, grated
- 50g (1.5 oz) ham, sliced
- 50g (1.5 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- Prepare an oven tray by lining it with baking paper also set your oven to preheat at 200° Celsius. (400° Fahrenheit)
- Get the sheet of puff pastry out of the freezer to defrost and place it on the surface that you will be assembling on.
- Place the tomato paste on the puff pastry and spread using the back of a spoon leaving a 1cm (0.4 in) gap you will be towards rolling towards to.
- Spread out the baby spinach and then the ham. Finally, sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Crack an egg into the bowl and beat with a fork.
- Using a pastry brush or even your finger spread the egg yolk on the 1cm (0.4 in) strip at the end you’re rolling to.
- Optional: You can use the rest of the egg to add to the toppings.
- Begin rolling from the end without the 1 cm (0.4 in) gap, try to have it reasonably tight without making the toppings squeeze out the sides.
- Once rolled cut into about six even pieces per sheet.
- Place each slice cut side down onto a prepared tray.
- Place in an oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When cutting the roll try not to push down and deform the roll, having a sharp knife is an excellent way to avoid having this issue.
- As I mentioned above these are still great cold so if you have some leftover (which I doubt) you can always throw them in the fridge. If you do go to reheat, then I recommend doing it in an oven to ensure that the scrolls remain crispy.
These tasty scrolls are incredibly addictive, but you might also be wondering what their nutritional information is before you go devouring them. If this is what you’re after, then you can find all the information you need right below.
I should note that I have estimated this data using an online tool so it may not be 100% accurate.
I hope that you enjoy these scrolls! If you’re looking for something similar then be sure to check out the delicious pepperoni pizza casserole, it’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
If you want to leave some feedback regarding this pizza scrolls recipe, then please feel free to leave a comment below.