A pepperoni pizza casserole is amazing as it sounds and the best thing about it is that can feed a crowd very well.
This recipe is pretty straightforward and doesn’t require very much preparation. If you’re in a rush and need to get a meal together quickly, then this is the perfect recipe. It does require about 30-40 minutes in the oven, so if you’re in a rush you can always skip this step, but you won’t get the nice crisp pepperoni and cheese on top.
One of the best things about this dish is that you don’t need a ton of ingredients. If you have some pre-cooked pasta and Italian sausage, then all you need to do is throw this all in a casserole dish and get it cooking.
This one is a great one with kids as it has a rich tomato sauce, crispy slices of pepperoni and that lovely gooey, crunchy cheese that everyone loves. Personally, I never end up having any leftovers whenever I cook this one up. However, if you do have leftovers, it still reheats well in the microwave. (It also freezes down pretty well)
If you want to see how this pizza casserole recipe is done visually, then be sure to check out the video below. If you like it, then make sure you subscribe, so you stay up to date.
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 250g (9 oz) pasta (Preferably spiral or tubes)
- 4 Pre-cooked Italian sausages, cut into chunks
- 450ml (15 oz) Pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 100g (3.5 oz) pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Cook the pasta according to the packets instructions. Drain and put to the side.
- In a pan add the Italian sausage, pizza sauce and bring to the simmer.
- Mix in the pre-cooked pasta.
- Transfer the pasta mix to a casserole dish. Top with the pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan. (Much like a pizza)
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want to add to this recipe, try adding some sliced or diced onion, mushrooms, capsicum and other great common pizza topping ingredients.
- It is straightforward to scale this recipe however it is important to note that you may end up needing a larger casserole dish.
- If you’re not a fan of mozzarella, then you can replace this with a different type of cheese. Most types will work just fine.
This tasty casserole combines a whole bunch of delicious ingredients, but you might be wondering how much of an impact all this will have on your diet. If this is the case, then you can find all the nutritional information you need below.
Please keep in mind this information is only estimated and may vary depending quantity and quality of ingredients you use.
If you have your own variation on this pepperoni pizza casserole recipe or would like to leave us some feedback, then feel to drop a comment below.